Friday, November 11, 2011

November 8 - Day 100

Day 100
I had thought I would do something celebratory to acknowledge the fact I made it this far. 
But the day came and went, I did take pictures, but did not realize until after the fact that it was indeed...
Day 100.

Due to a speech disorder Rebekah has been slow getting into the reading game.
But she is making great strides.
The transition to chapter books is always a tough one.
When all else fails.
Bribery.
I signed the kids (Caleb & Beka are the right grades) up for Pizza Hut's Book It program but had not taken too much thought in how to best use it.
I found some homeschoolers mention some daughters that were reluctant readers had enjoyed
The Doll People by Ann M. Martian ...
I put the two together and had a plan!
 I asked Abigail to pick up the first book from the library when she was there.
Beka is now reading one chapter a day, and the exciting part...
she has admitted to occasionally reading beyond her chapter!


:mom does the happy dance:

No comments:

Post a Comment